Click on the questions to reveal the answers.
  • How do I know if I have a claim for NHS Continuing Healthcare?
The fastest way to see if you might be able to make a claim is to talk to one of our specialist advisers over the phone. You can reach them on 0800 009 6999
  • I can't afford to instruct a solicitor can I still make a claim?
Yes. The Care Review Bureau was specifically set up to assist people in that situation. We make no upfront charges for our service and we instruct solicitors at our cost. We only look to recover the cost of our services if we are successful in recovering your monies, where we link our fees to the amount of money we recover for you.
  • My mother is unable to make the claim herself because of her illness. Can I make the claim on her behalf?
Yes, you can make a claim on behalf of a relative if they are unable to claim themselves. To do this you will need to ensure you have the appropriate legal authority for the person you wish to claim for.
  • My father has passed away. Can I make a claim to have his estate reimbursed with the cost of the care?
Yes, the majority of claims made are related to loved ones who have passed away.
  • I have already appealed to my local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) against their decision not to fund my nursing care. Can I still appeal with you?
Yes. Many CCGs in the recent past were using incorrect criteria in their assessments. Our team are trained to be able to identify inadequacies in the CCG's assessment process and our legal team will pursue your claim with vigour.
  • My mother has more than £23,500 in the bank. Does this mean it doesn’t apply to her?
Not at all! NHS Continuing Healthcare is an assessment based purely on the patient’s health needs and financial means should not be taken into consideration.
  • What information do I need to supply you with to move forward with making a claim?
Initially one of our advisers will have an informal talk with you regarding your experience. Once we have made an initial assessment of your case we would need your permission to collect medical records and sometime financial records, allowing us to look at the case in more detail. We would also offer you a “no win no fee agreement”, which ensures you would not pay for the work we carry out unless you receive a refund of the care home costs.
  • How long does this process take?
Assessment of your case will take no longer than 14 days. The length of time it takes a claim for the repayment of unfairly paid fees depends on the complexity of each individual case. We aim to reach a conclusion within 6 months but it can take longer in some cases.
  • Can I stop paying my care home fees once I have your assessment saying I should be receiving help for my continuing care costs?
We strongly advise that you continue payment until your case has been dealt with by your Clinical Commissioning Group. Failure to do so may result in a termination of services.
Thank you for contacting the Care Review Bureau.

We have successfully recieved your information and one of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible.